Saturday, September 1, 2007

A Bedtime Prayer

I have a friend who is unwell,
Suffering so much that its hard to tell!
He has to lie in bed all day,
As he has to rest, the doctors say!
He cannot get up and go anywhere
Only out of a window he can stare!
He can meet me only for an hour or two,
And even then, homework is all we get to do!
He gets sad when I tell him I fell,
But sad for whom, I cannot tell!
When I tell him of all I did that day,
His eyes glaze and look so far away.
I think he imagines him in my place,
In every game, dive, jump and race!
And I get sadder and sadder every day,
That he has to live life this way!
I want him to come with me and play,
So at bedtime I kneel and pray.

I pray that make him well again,
And take away his every pain.
So that he can jump and run,
And have all possible sorts of fun!
Let him swim and race and dive and fight,
And hit the ball with all his might!
I pray that he shall not suffer so,
I pray that his pain should go,
I pray that he should live as such,
That even he says he's lived too much!

No comments: